Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back 2 Reality

Sunday @ 1am we arrived to our little house in shell beach. Everything looked in place except for Michaels motorcycle cover & helmet gone. A day later we found the helmet in the garage and the cover is yet to appear. Otherwise our home was as is, except a living room full of wedding gifts and an empty fridge. Monday we filled our cupboards and fridge with the essentials, for the first time i think our house felt like a home. We are acclimating each day and could not be happier to receive this blessing of marriage.
We ventured to the Northwest for a three week adventure (or some people call it honeymoon, I don't really get the moon part), and on our adventure we encountered an outdoor lovers paradise. This photograph is from the Hawthorne District in Portland. I thought it encapsulated the bright, eclectic, & wild ride we went on in Oregon & Washington. Although we used our car as the main transport (3200 miles later) in every city & town we ventured upon, the Bianchi & Wheeler led us to an array of mountains, eclectic vintage shops, ma & pop sandwich & coffee shops, lazy parks, & water fronts. On our drive home through Mt. Shasta on Hwy 5, Michael came up with a theme for our lives this season, BEHOLDING BEAUTY... in the ordinary of each day, in the people we encounter, in the obvious of creation, and in the struggles and trials. We encountered beauty far beyond numerical value that our lives became entangled in this expression of beauty our creator displays. We hope now to continue to be entangled in beholding beauty & ask you to cheerfully join us in this aspiration.


4 comments:

The Paine Family said...

Whoever said "reality bites" obviously didn't live in Shell Beach. May you continue to behold beauty in the everyday as you settle into your new reality. An ordinary day is a beautiful thing. We love your blog and we love you!!
JCJ

leah-prendez said...

hey there! i really love you guys and am glad that you are back to reality - or whatever that means. can't wait to hang out more.

love,
leah

Jamie said...

I love your blog!!! You two are the coolest most laid back married couple. I hope to be like that when I am married. Keep blogging because I love to know what is going on in your day to day. I love you guys and Jen I LOVE you sooooo much!!

The Paine Family said...

Ok get with the program people! You may not have a cute son but you have each other, 2 new autos and a kayak, so that's close right? We want the 411 on YOU! Post it up Paines!

Hands Wide Open

Hands Wide Open
Learning to give, love, risk, and trust with hands wide open.