Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall is here

Shell Beach

That's my man!!
Brunette Brigade (minus Pizuki!)
The central coasts version of fall is quite the humble portrayal of leaves changing colors, winter squash, cooler, crisp nights, colorful pumpkins atop inviting porches, and the sweet smells of nutmeg and cinnamon wafting into the streets.
Today I took a group of 6 teenagers from Nipomo to Avila Barn to pick out pumpkins. We jumped on the tractor and chugged all the way to the pumpkin patch. The next half an hour the teens rolled the biggest pumpkins they could to my feet for my approval (they are weighed by lbs.), we left with four. Last weekend I again enjoyed the barn with my old roommates, as we caught up on the high's and lows of the past two months not living together after almost three years. I also enjoyed shaving Michaels head half way, as he did the other half. As well as strolls at dusk to the end of our street. Some special moments captured...

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Jen, I love seeing pics of you and your "old" beautiful brunette roomies together! I missed seeing pretty Megan's face.

Mike and Jen, You guys are so blessed to live in Shell Beach, I hope you're having a great fall together.

Sara said...

Jen- That'd be sweet if you come to Bible study this week. We would love to have you. PS I love fall in Shell Beach!!

Thomas Clan said...

Jenn, great to have you over today. So good to get caught up a bit through the boys in the mud and giggles....hope we can get together a bit more often, looking forward to Tuesday night with you and Michael. love you girl!! :)

Hands Wide Open

Hands Wide Open
Learning to give, love, risk, and trust with hands wide open.