Monday, January 5, 2009

January 2009




Time does pass you by. Not only the years but the hours and minutes of each day. December was a full month for us. I went to cambria for a girls weekend with my old roommates. Michael spent an entire weekend making my christmas gift, while I shopped for presents and decorations for the house. We spent three days in Oceanside and four days in Coronado with the Paines...including the new addition Josiah Michael. He is becoming more and more beautiful and he truly has one of the most delightful dispositions of a baby. We then traveled down south to spend christmas day with my family and enjoyed the rest of our time in orange county with family and friends.
Michael got a GPS watch the garmin 205. And I got some cash...to enjoy my favorite store anthropologie. Michael has been running again almost every other day with his new watch which records his pace, elevation, time, and distance. I used it yesterday on a run pretty much up hill 3/4 of the time....so you could imagine my pace:)
We enjoyed the New Year with the Ouimette's eating BBQ, stuffed mushrooms, and beans. We laughed, played, and competed to the finish line.
I finished my first semester in the Lucia Mar School District, which was saddening, yet exciting thinking of all the relationships I have built. I know next semester I will be an even better educator as I continue to learn more about education, teenagers, and variety in curriculum.
This week Michael is spending his mornings helping a friend run a soccer camp for 8-13 year olds. 8 men and 40 kids....you could only imagine. The camp is a fundraiser for a future orphange in Africa as well as for Iris Ministry's in Mozambique. And I start classes again tomorrow at Mesa Community School.
Another exciting year ahead...



No comments:

Hands Wide Open

Hands Wide Open
Learning to give, love, risk, and trust with hands wide open.