Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just Be Busy

"Just be busy!" Is this saying not the beat of almost every American drum?  When is there time to just "not be busy?"  Then as I began thinking more I don't think this is only an American problem it is a universal problem.  People of all nations and cultures are always tending to something whether it is a need or a want, we are busy.  So then I ask myself do I really know God?

Psalm 46:19 Be Still And Know That I Am God. 

 Or do I think that I am my own God, creating my own plans and schedule for the day even weeks and months ahead.  If I must be still to know that He is I Am, what experience am I having while I am "just being busy?"  I think the most poisonous tool the enemy uses is busyness and we have no problem using it because we feel productive, effective, important, and temporarily satisfied.  I hate this about myself "Martha" yet it seems almost impossible to escape this role & I don't even have kids.  To be honest I don't even have a job right now.  I am good at being a wife, a friend, a sister in Christ, but I really suck at being a daughter most of the time.  

Psalm 46:19 Be Still And Know That I Am God.  

Two things I heard while I was getting to know my Father today were, "I am inviting you to the banqueting table but you have declined the invitation to "just be busy" (Luke 14: 12-24 The Parable of the Great Banquet).  "Yet I have compassion on you and you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours" (Luke 15:11-32 The Parable of the Prodigal Son).  What great news, right? Yes, we are forgiven and accepted.  But to be honest I do not want to be okay with only his gracious response after I decline the offer to the party, I don't want to keep missing out on the party.  And I don't want to stand before my maker one day and hear him say, 

" I am glad you made it are you ready to be with me now my beautiful daughter?"   
 

1 comment:

BJL said...

Jenn, your such a terrific writer. No..... splendid writer. Seriously, our Great King has given you a wonderful gift. Praise Him.

Hands Wide Open

Hands Wide Open
Learning to give, love, risk, and trust with hands wide open.