Friday, February 4, 2011

A New Thing

Los Olivos Hike 
Breath of fresh air
Remember not the former thing, nor consider the things of old. 
Behold I am doing a new thing; 
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? 

Once again we are moving! I didn't realize when I married Michael the transient nomadic adventurer would our surroundings be constantly changing.  Not to put all the blame on my husband, as my mom always said, "you get bored easily!"  Ironically both of our nature's are to seek the new, yet to be honest I was not excepting another move the first month of the new year, 2011.  But, this is where the Lord is bringing us, into another new season of transition.  I am reminded though, that my God is always constant and never changing, despite my ever changing circumstances.  
We have moved out of our little beach cottage because of Michael's mold allergies and have found another home in Arroyo Grande.  It reminds us of our first little place in Shell Beach when we first got married.  I know the Lord has great plans and purposes for us in our new home and ultimately Gods sovereignty is over this transition, not the mold.  He continually reminds me, my home is heaven, and to not store up treasures on earth but in heaven.  Every move, I release more of our earthly possessions and attachments, which to be honest is very liberating.  And the beauty of change is He changes us in the process. Oh the things I have been learning about myself this past month, quite humbling to say the least.  Yet I am refreshed this morning as I cast myself upon the throne of grace, petitioning for what I need in my weakness.  Not only is He doing a new thing around us, but in us.  And that is the hope that we cling to in the circumstance.  I have a long way to go, but Christ fills up what is lacking in me today. Yes, let it be! 

1 comment:

The Schmidts said...

We were just at that water fall a few weeks ago. I'm glad you haven't left the coast yet. :) Rhiannon

Hands Wide Open

Hands Wide Open
Learning to give, love, risk, and trust with hands wide open.