Today I am thankful for our freedom in christ, little children, my husband, my sweet sister in Christ Haley, and pesto pizza.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Mishkan
The hebrew word for Tabernacle is Mishkan, which means dwelling place. For the past three weeks Michael & I have been teaching the 4th-6th graders about the Tabernacle. We dove in straight to Exodus identifying each article, purpose, and foreshadow of Jesus Christ. Some Sunday's I thought they might leave in a bible comma. One little boy prayed at the end of our second week, "Thank you Lord, for our freedom." He saw the law and he knew this was not his own experience of Christ. Hebrews 8:6 But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. And so what had been in place for over 2000 years, Christ made obsolete. Not only did he make the old covenant obsolete but he perfected the new one and has left us with this promise, Hebrews: 9:12 He entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by the means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. What great news! As I am still unraveling these things in my heart and my mind of this new covenant we are under, I am amazed that I need not find an earthly mishkan but His mishkan is in me. He is truly Emmanuel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that is one of the lessons I have been learning in my woman's Bible study. God's plan for humanity's redemption is amazing isn't it?
Post a Comment