Monday, April 11, 2011

More than Enough

More than enough money for todays needs. More than enough food in the pantry. More than enough clothes in the closet. More than enough books on the shelf. More than enough freedom and choices for the day. More than enough restaurants and stores to shop at. More than enough vacation spots to choose from. More than enough entertainment to distract us from reality. Yet somehow in the midst of this reality I find myself believing I do not have enough. My house is not big enough, I do not have enough dishes, I do not have enough money in my bank account, I do not have enough food in my pantry, I do not have enough shoes, I do not have enough chairs for people to sit in, I do not have enough nice things, I do not have enough time. And the list goes on. What a lie Satan wants us to live in, one that we don't have enough, and two that deep down because outwardly we do not have enough we are not enough. But the good news is Jesus has qualified us by his blood and we are and have more than enough in Him!

I was inspired, humbled, and shaken up as I read this young woman's blog (http://www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com) about Jesus being more than enough in the midst of their scarcity, disease, abandonment, war, and hunger. She was 20 years old and became a mother of 4 orphans in Uganda, and now she is 22 and is a mother of 14 girls. Yet, somehow as Westerners we have to wait till our bank account reaches a certain point to GIVE fearlessly.

But our faith is challenged as we see Jesus multiply the loaf and the fish to feed five thousand or the widow who fed Elijah with a small portion of flour and oil yet had enough for her family for days. And so my faith is challenged to GIVE all I have to Jesus and the beauty is we are never spent when we GIVE it all to Him, 1 kings 17:16 The jar of flour was not spent, neither did the oil become empty. What a picture of the heart of God, He is always more than enough!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this, Jen. I am so encouraged and challenged by your note. Miss you!

Hands Wide Open

Hands Wide Open
Learning to give, love, risk, and trust with hands wide open.