Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Birth Day, November 18th 1985

I thought I would document my first day of being 23, partly because a lot of my best girlfriends don't live near me and I said I would fill them in on the day. the only big difference about this birthday was waking up next to my man. You know how people say, "don't you feel older," well I never did and it always felt just like another day except a lot of people saying happy birthday! Anyways it was a great enough gift in itself to be next to my wonderful husband. Well here is the day...Waking up in my orange sheets which I love. We had yogurt and granola and prayed together. I had lots of singing birthday calls from 7:30am to 9am!
the thing i love the most about getting gifts is when someone knows you well enough to get something that is you. It shows they have spent time with you to really observe and know what you like and dislike. Well I think all of my wonderful gifts were very me. Thank you!
I taught birth control today in class. It is probably one of my least favorite lectures, for a lot of reasons. But we'll just leave it at that. If anyone wanted to know, the tan cap is a diaphragm. All of the kids were like "what the heck is that!" I said ask your mom.
My girlfriend Leah came by and brought me flowers and a journal. She is probably one of the most giving and thoughtful people I know. Thanks Leah!
Michael and I went to Morro Bay to capture the sunset, but the fog beat us to it. the bay was very beautiful and there is always a lot going on down there, from boats, to kayaks, to fisherman and spastic dogs. We had one of our favorite wines Tobin James, Liquid Love (thanks Rhiannon, you introduced us). We had reservations at the Galley, so while we were waiting to be seated we had a photo shoot (there are much more).



We had an amazing seafood dinner at the Galley. With clams in a white wine sauce, lobster, and seabass, and a complimentary chocolate rasberry cake. Michael of course looked at reviews for every seafood restaurant from Cambria to Arroyo Grande. The Galley had the best reviews overall. I would also agree.
the Lord has graciously and abundantly blessed me in many ways and he always brings me back to when I first found my salvation in Him when I was 15. Being twenty two was full of surprises and transitions. Here are some happenings of being 22.
1. Last year at Cal Poly
2. Senior Project: Michael and I went to Thailand
3. Got engaged
4. Mom diagnosed with cancer (now in remission)
5. last year of living with my some of my best friends
6. Planning a wedding
7. Moving out of the house from my best friends
8. In a wedding
9. Got married
10. Three week honeymoon to the Northwest
11. Full time job as health teacher
12. Paying bills
13. Learning how to be a godly wife
14. Learning how to more deeply love and relate with my students
15. Balancing friendship, fellowship, and my personal health & wellness
16. Trying to not get pregnant!
17. Continually seeking the Lord for his plan in Michael and my life (sometimes I wish we could just escape to Italy, live off the land, and grow our own grapes to sell wine. But then I realize there are a lot of people who do not know Jesus, who are without clothes, food, medicine, and other resources that I would be completely unsatisfied. I find that I am most satisfied when I am loving and giving to others. Because I know this pleases the Fathers heart)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful!!!

The Schmidts said...

Happy belated birthday! I love the diaphragm comment. I'm so glad you enjoyed your dinner at the Galley too! -Rhiannon

Hands Wide Open

Hands Wide Open
Learning to give, love, risk, and trust with hands wide open.