
So as Jen shared below, we had a wonderful dinner at the Galley which is in morro bay. After being seated we didn't think too much about being the only people under 55 dining, but as the night went on we became fascinated by the old people around us. I remember Jason Schmidt saying how everyone in Morro Bay is old and weird, and my goodness he was right. In particular there was an old couple who sat across from us. Jen could not stop staring at them, it was kind of hard having a conversation with her cuz she was so intrigued. The little old man waved at Jen, obviously aware of her curious stares, and then his wife asked to be seated somewhere else because she said she felt like she was in a fish bowl. They stayed, however when they pulled out there own salad dressing, pepper, and other condiments from home it was hard not to laugh at the oddity of it all. Towards the end I took a good look at the couple and thought the man looked like Jack Lalanne, and jokingly told jen that it was him. She didn't know who it was, so I was trying to explain who he was, when the man came over and introduced himself as Jack Lalanne. Slightly embarrassed having made fun of the 94 yr old, he was a character kissing Jen's hand over and over, saying how lucky I was. Anyways it made our night just extra special.
4 comments:
i sound like a stalker...i promise i didn't even know who he was.
So mike, how does it feel to have a wife checking out 94 yr old men?? You should have arm wrestled him to say you were stronger (hopefully) than Jack Lalanne. Did you tell him that you have his juicer?? Cool Story.
That is so awesome that you saw Jack Lalanne at the Galley. You know that I worked there for several years, including up until I was eight months preggo this time around. Anyway, Jack is used to being oogled over and he always introduces himself to the pretty girls in the room. He would often kiss us girls' hands who work there too. He's a good tipper though :) He always gets a hard boiled egg and brings his own soup and salad dressing, sometimes his own whole wheat pita. The Galley has to stock whole eggs just for him! He is quite the hometown celebrity though and everyone bends over backwards for him. Don't feel bad about not knowing who is though Jen, when I first started working there when I was 21 everyone thought I was a freak the first time he came in because I didn't know who he was--I quickly learned. Anyway, too funny--you brought back good memories for me. I can just imagine Jen being distracted by all of the old people. lol I miss working there, although I don't miss being surrounded by old people in Morro Bay. :) Rhiannon
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHO JACK LALANNE IS!!! Your grandmother used to exercise with him every morning in the fifties -he was on TV and she was in her living room. I was thinking about him not long ago, wondering if he was still around. Wow. You have met and been kissed by a Legend!
Happy Birthday, Jen!!
Love, Mary Lynn
Post a Comment