Do you think when God wants you to slow down sometimes he makes your nose extra runny, your head extra achy, and your body extra tired? Or do you think that is all part of our fallen world, full of festering viruses and bacteria??
Well either way I have been begrudgingly taking short days of work this week, 2 hour naps in the middle of the afternoon, and avoiding large groups of people as much as I can. I failed at that today as I was at Arroyo Grande High School pestering my wonderful students and buying sponges at Walmart avoiding pressing my security pin at all cost as I saw 10 other fingers press the same numbers I was about too come upon. I used plastic to do the dirty work! I am not sure if my body has absorbed enough vitamin c and echinecea, but if someone didn't know what I was taking they would probably thing I had an issue with pills.
My nose is chapped entirely, it even started to bleed a little bit. I thought the dentist told me to put gasoline on it today, but she said vasoline. Vasoline leaves such a greasy residue I didn't want someone to spot me from down the street because my nose is glistening.
Enough about my sob story, we are officially moved in. The transition out of the old house was a little bit rockier than we had hoped, given we have not received our wonderful security deposit back. But after spending atleast 15 hours of painting the house back white we just didn't have time to clean enough. That would not go unnoticed though and my sweet Michael went back the day the new couple was moving in, a little bit awkward and inconvienant. As is life at times. Yet, we are cozily starting to nestle and get the hang of living in our new place. I love it here! I feel like we have already had more people over in this house than in our Shell Beach house over the past 6 months. I believe the Lord heard our prayers and only time will tell even more as his plan unfolds. I am thankful for this new, exciting, and beautiful transition. Michael and I have explored the dunes and taken runs on the beach numerous times. We have hit up La Tapatia market for $1 tacos. And have been able to enjoy a lot of the teens I work with on the street, playing basketball, or eating in our home. I am only 5 miles from two of the schools I work at during the week and 3 miles from Arroyo Grande High School. Michael is constantly zooming off down Hwy 1 on his motorcycle to go to class. Which he got a 91% on his second Anatomy test. I keep telling him he is a natural and the ladies better watch out because Michael Paine in scrubs....dang!!
Exciting news, I got accepted to Antioch University for my M.A in Clinical Pyschology to become a Marriage Family Therapist. I am very elated and will start in the Fall.
Michael is running in Paso Robles for a 5k race this weekend. And I am going to be tackling the Lake Lopez triatholon next weekend April 4th. Praise God for our health.
Life is full....
beautiful complex and a gift to be embraced
4 comments:
Hey Jen, HOpe you're feeling better today. Now you have my blog spot:) love, anna
Jen it was so nice to talk to you at Sara's party! I love that we can talk about anything! Congrats on getting in at Antioch that means you will be in my neck of the woods more often! I love it, please call me anytime you are in town! or stop by at my work I work 7-4 and have lunch break from 12-1! Check out my blog too devwatkins@blogspot.com
So when are you going to have us over? Jason has been calling Mike, but to no avail. -Rhiannon
$1 fish tacos...still, man I'm jealous. Congrats on being accepted to grad school. Go Mike! Keep up the good work on all fronts.
Post a Comment