Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lake Lopez Triatholon

Less than 48 hours until my first triatholon. I am experiencing a jumble of emotions from anxious to excited to anticipatory to fearful. Yesterday my tri wetsuit came in the mail and I thought I would try it out in the pool at the gym. I lasted about 8 laps and then I stripped it off as if I was in the race (I have never experienced so many odd looks:) Although I felt so bouyant and light in the wetsuit I know it will help me out a lot for the swim. I just can't stop thinking about you Jason, when you got hit in the face on your first triatholon....Michael seems to frequent this memory often as I have been training. Don't worry I will take one for the Paine team. I know there will be so much adreniline saturday I am hoping I will forget I am jumping into a lake and possibly even forget I am swimming. As you can tell I am most nervous about this part. I feel confident about the bike and since the run is the last part I will have to push through the fatigue and give it my all. Michael and some of my friends will be coming out Saturday morning to cheer me on, thanks guys!!
I would covet your prayers for rest the next few days, strength and endurance during the rest, and an injury free first triatholon!

1 comment:

The Paine Family said...

You are amazing Jen! I know you will do great. (: Don't do what Jason did in transistion and toss your wetsuit a mile away (we never could find it). He was so happy to be done with the swim. We are so proud of you and will be chearing from here!

Hands Wide Open

Hands Wide Open
Learning to give, love, risk, and trust with hands wide open.