
My students in Cuervito

The Dance

Teaching

Jaqie

Freddy & Michael

Freddy was never without machete

Enjoying Pipa

She has the sweetest spirit
Cuervito is the place where we stayed for the past month, population 100. Cuervito has the most breathtaking views of all southern costa rica. Our hearts left so full of gratitude, love, and anticipation as we walk towards the call to what is next in the Lord. Our hearts had grown to love the caretaker and his family (they watch over the rentals) so it was a sad goodbye, especially because we could not fully communicate the love we had developed for them. I (Jen) had the opportunity to choreograph 6 beautifully excited yet unsure Tico kids a hip hop/reggatone dance (they chose this)! It was awesome. I felt like I got to bond with the kids and be apart of the community a little bit more. It reminded me of how much I love dance and teaching dance to children. Our last day in Cuervito the caregiver and his daughter Jaqie (above) took us on a horse back ride around the finca (farm). We again were astonished by the beauty of the land as we ate coconuts, star fruit, oranges, and sweet peppers along the way. We saw a sloth sleeping in the tree and captured the beautiful coastline! Cuervito will forever be imprinted in our minds for all it represented to us: Gods glory, the holy spirit, seeking the kingdom in our lives, patience and waiting, our marriage deepening in love, Freddy and his family, and rest in our sweet Savior. Praise His name for He is living and active in and around us and throughout the world.
1 comment:
I have really enjoyed reading your blog. In a sense I am better able to picture all the happenings you guys talked about when we got to see you. God is Good all the time and All the time God is Good. Thanks for the awesome blog guys. We miss you.
Post a Comment