formally known as Brunette Brigade/ Ironbark Girls
the ranch
The beauty of prayer is we are praying to a God who hears us 1 john 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. The difficult part in prayer is discerning what His will is for our lives. As I search the scriptures more and more, observe the life of Jesus, and quiet my heart before the throne I can began to understand His good, perfect, pleasing will for my life.
I believe the revelation of Christ in our lives has all been received in varying ways. Some people accept Jesus in their heart as a young child who has grown up in the family of believers while others may be on their death bed contemplating the eternal happenings of their afterlife. For some they may have to wrestle with reason and logic while others simply embrace what is unseen and immeasurable in the heavenly realm. Some may have exhausted all other life solutions finding themselves desperate for more, while others may quickly leave their fishing boat and follow Him. None have an excuse Romans 1:20 For his invisible attributes namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in things that have been made. So they are without excuse. The revelation of Christ's, love, grace, and forgiveness came through four fifteen year old girls in my freshman English Composition Class. My faith was simple to me, my friends did not seem of the world, they had a joy I had not seen before, and I wanted to be apart of it. So for four years I had provision after provision in the family of believers encouraging and loving on me as I explored what it meant to follow Christ.
My independent and passionate spirit soon led me on a journey away from everything that was familiar and comfortable, commonly known as college. I knew before I left home I would need similar relationships with other sisters as I had before, in a sense even more so now as I was truly facing an Ungodly Culture. I prayed every night in bed starting winter of 2004 of my senior year before I knew where I would go to college, "Lord please provide me girls I can connect with, encourage, love on, and have fun with in YOU." I did not doubt it would be easy to find friends in general but to find the prayer I asked, would take the Lord. 1 Thess. 5:17 ...pray without ceasing. So I started my journey of 1 Thessalonians 5:17 until winter 2006 two years later.
Meagan, Angela, Alexa, and Lauren the women in the photographs above are truly the faces of this prayer. Amazing, He heard my cry, and answered in His time. Patience, long suffering, and loneliness, were all things the Lord tested and tried me in and finally after seeming like centuries I entered into the blessing of friendship with these women. Proverbs 17:7 A friend loves at all times could not reflect our relationships any better. We have walked through some of the most painful and challenging times in our lives, worked through conflict and communication with one another, and spent some of the most memorable moments of college together. But what I appreciate most about these friendships are we are bonded by the blood of Jesus. We can come together, pray, admonish one another in truth and love, share our inmost thoughts, and find refuge. This was our second annual Brunette Brigade get together since we have been out of college. I love you ladies:)
1 comment:
Wow, how encouraging! Thanks for sharing this part of your life. I love to see how God works in people's lives. I love that you take time to acknowledge and give the glory to him. Say hello to Michael and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! love, anna
Post a Comment