My Birthday was on the 18th and I because my husband is self-employed I got to spend the entire day with him! I woke up to some great surprise gifts from family and a note from Michael explaining how every hour I will pick a new note with a 'pet' name he calls me and why. By the end of the evening I was amazed and how he wrote out 20 names he actually uses (of course they are all edifying:) Our Bob Jones bike ride was not too inviting as the wind was swaying our palm trees from side to side. We opted to stay cozy indoors and enjoy blueberry coffee cake and coffee. On a whim we drove down to Santa Barbara to spend some of my birthday $$$$ and decided to add an adventure in the Santa Ynez vineyards. At one point we were running on the freeway overpass to take a picture of the Santa Ynez river (Michael's idea). The vineyards are a gorgeous warm yellow in the fall, and the picturesque rolling green hills add dramatic views on the 101. We enjoyed some planting in our front yard and then set off for a Thai dinner (it was quite the treat since we have only gone out to eat twice in the past two months). I felt truly loved and blessed by the Lord, my husband, and family and friends that day.
To add to the festivities, my friend Tara who also shares the same birthday, had a joint birthday bash on Saturday night. The theme was a night in Spain, and we enjoyed Tapas and Sangria. It was a great turn out and we all had a lot of fun. Michael put in some serious man hours on the patio before our guests arrived, so we all fully enjoyed the outdoor ambiance.
To add to the festivities, my friend Tara who also shares the same birthday, had a joint birthday bash on Saturday night. The theme was a night in Spain, and we enjoyed Tapas and Sangria. It was a great turn out and we all had a lot of fun. Michael put in some serious man hours on the patio before our guests arrived, so we all fully enjoyed the outdoor ambiance.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Jen! Your party looked amazing! Nice job on all the special touches. Wish we could have been there. May 24 bring many wonderful blessings to you.
Oh, Happy Birthday! Everything looks so nice. Hope you had a good thanksgiving! lots of love
That sweater looks familiar!! Glad I got to see you on your birthday! thanks for swinging by anthro and saying hi, looks like Michael spoiled you rotten! Good job husband!
What a cool birthday. I like the meadow pic. That reminds me. Those pics you sent were AWESOME!!!!! I can't thank you enough. How is the photography business and midwifery going?
Post a Comment