Homemade Stuffin
The Cooks
Buffet Line
Dried Cranberry Sausage Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole, Mash potatoes, Yams
Turkey Secret: Cook it with the breast down so the white meat is more moist
Dining
Last Day at Gopher Glen
the branch was longer than him!
Stanley, our special thanksgiving guest
Michael, Mom, & Dad in Avila
Traditionally thanksgiving is celebrated on Thursday, as a student you love the fact this means more days off and more free time with friends. As I have grown older I have began to appreciate more quality time with family, maybe it is the mere distance that makes me press into our short lived hours together as well as the paradigm shift from 'its all about me' as a teenager to the reality of my parents as humans having needs and desires just as I do. Thanksgiving came to us this year in Shell Beach, which has always been a little dream of mine to host the family holiday, cooking and decorating to create the perfect cozy atmosphere. Both sets of our parents came up from So Cal, but unfortunately the Paine's were sick the whole weekend so they didn't fully get to enjoy the holiday:( We were glad you were here though! We spent a lot of time enjoying the outdoors on several walks nestled in the oaks and along the beach. We had dessert around the bond fire on our patio and watched Stanley as the entertainment while he got into mischief. My goal was to cook everything from scratch and not be in the kitchen all day on Saturday. With my moms help we managed 4 1/2 hours in the kitchen and I have to say I was very proud of the end result. Sharing our thankful hearts this past year with over stuffed bellies ended the evening on a good note!
If you are interested in any of the recipes I used, go to Real Simple Thanksgiving Recipes. Looking forward to another Paine-Devlin Holiday!
5 comments:
Good job Jen. Everything looks adorable and delicous! Thanks for posting pictures, we were thinkng of you all!
Wish all the other Paine's were there to enjoy the beautiful weather, great food (and hope no one else got sick :()
Thankful for you guys. Mike, wow man, what an awesome wifee, huh? Looks great Jen. I like green beans. Who the heck is Stanley?
Wow, did Michael landscape that yard in shell beach. He really did a good job if so. I remember it needed a lot of work. That's awesome to have a landscaper for a husband. No Fair! j/k
Your backyard looks absolutely AMAZING!!! Good work guys!!!
Post a Comment