Michael Paine turned 30 today! He was born on 8:47am in Culver City weighing 4lbs 14oz. He had big blue eyes and blonde hair. He hasn't changed a bit, well maybe besides weighing 4lbs 14oz! I can't describe how heavy the Lords presence has been on the planning, preparing and executing of Michael's birthday celebration. This process has reminded me of our Heavenly Fathers desire to be involved in the details, even silly birthday scavenger hunts. I really cannot take credit for the events that have involved his birthday I would like to think I am really creative but I have to give the person who knows Michael the best the credit, his Abba. One afternoon it was particularly clear in Shell Beach and I felt this pull to hike the ridge. As I was climbing higher and higher I began to pray for Michael and intertwined with prayer and holy spirit ingenuity ideas began to come for Michael's birthday, thus leads me to his birthday. Come along with us as we take you through senior Michael's big day!
Friday evening I planned a romantic five course meal titled Michael's Birthday Specials for two. Under a starry filled sky and the glow of candles around us we satiated our palettes into the night. Later in the evening a few friends came over and we all lifted up Michael in prayer covering him in the Lords blessing and praising the Lord for this life he has made. There were several things the Lord really spoke to my heart about Michael when I was praying. One was Michael is a picture of David in a lot of ways. He is a warrior, a leader, a freedom seeker, joyful like a child, extreme, and a man after Gods own heart. I am honored to be Michael's provision in this lifetime:)
Saturday morning we woke up to some home cookin french toast. Michael wanted to open one of his gifts, a book with over 50 people who love Michael with written memories, encouragement, prayers, and pictures (Thank you!!) We brought it on our Scavenger Hunt to over 30 places on the central coast from Orcutt to San Luis Obispo. I chose some of my favorite photo's of the day. The Hunt ended with Michael putting a puzzle together (30 pieces) of a photograph from his brother and sisters laws flat in Hong Kong. The last gift a surprise plane ticket to Hong Kong to stay with some of the people he loves the most Jason, Christine, and Josiah!!
Birthday Dinner at our House
Our Romantic 5 course Meal
The Menu
Set the Mood
"The Book" thank you everyone for writing such beautiful messages!!
The first Paine residence on the central coast
the old AG pharmacy
Oceano Sand Dunes
Michael has spent many times out on the dunes running and praying
Bernardos now Doc Bernsteins
New Mascot, "Michael Paine"
He worked here when he was 17, new poster child for Klondikes
Judkins Middle School, trying to break into his old locker
Our morning bible study stomping grounds
Pismo Heights Star Gazing hill
TJ's where I knew I wanted to marry Michael
Sea Canyon
Shell Beach
the end of the scavenger hunt Michael had to crack the puzzle
Hong Kong here he comes!!!
3 comments:
you guys are so cute I might throw up! That's awesome! Happy 30 Michael!
awwww, so cute! I love that my husband crashed your romantic dinner! You set the bar high for 30th birthday parties. Jason's is November. Somehow I don't think I'm going to pull off anything like you did with a four month old, two year old, and four year old running around. Congratulations again Mike and have fun in Hong Kong! -Rhiannon
Wow what creativity! Sounds like a blast.
Post a Comment