Friday, January 29, 2010

His Abundance


January Blessings...
FLO (Forever Loving Others) Second Annual Soccer Camp 
The Campers 
Beach Soccer, on the last day
M.P's Birthday-this hike was where he first shared his intentions with me:) 
My New Job
Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be the glory! 

Abundance is an extremely plentiful or over sufficient quantity or supply; overflowing fullness. 
 
There are several things I am learning right now.  One, He is good, His hearts desire is to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think! Two, His timing and plan is better than my own! Three, He knows me, He really knows me! 

At the end of December I was hired  to work with foster teens as the California Youth Connection Coordinator.  As I continue to work for the county in various avenues as a health educator, counselor, and now a foster youth advocate I am burdened by the deep needs in San Luis Obispo county.  This gem in California a tourist attraction to many and a nesting place for retirees; has hurting people.  And I feel honored to be a hand in Gods grander picture of loving others.  It has been a great fit for me in more ways than one. 
 
Another Abundance has been in school.  Michael and I both got into our nursing pre-requisite classes at Cuesta.  There were 30 people crashing Anatomy (what I am taking) and 40 people crashing Physiology (Michael's class).  We have both been thoroughly enjoying learning and are continually amazed at the workings of our human body and how perfectly God has created us.  I am starting to get new eyes for myself (in other words a greater appreciation for how I have been made).  I have to tell you, I am not academically disciplined but oh man is the holy spirit dumping on me because I am like a magnet to my book:) Much prayer has gone into pursuing this possible future path for me and I am experiencing His presence in the midst of it.  
Of course another Abundance was Michael's birthday.  Which for those who haven't seen the post for that, it is below! 

And the last of many Abundances this month was FLO ministry.  A group of godly men committed to Jesus and loving others coached, encouraged, and gave testimony of Jesus in their lives for a week in January at the second annual FLO soccer camp.  Children were prayed for, dumped in the ocean, chased after by Stinky Cheese (aka Michael Paine) and 'oh yah' played soccer:) Overall it was huge blessing to everyone involved.  

more to come...He is good! Pray Big!! 

1 comment:

Green Jessica said...

Amen sister. Ryan and I are joining you in praying BIG this year. Possibilities are endless when God is in charge.

Hands Wide Open

Hands Wide Open
Learning to give, love, risk, and trust with hands wide open.