We wonder as Christians why we hear of our Lords miraculous hand moving in other peoples lives but we question where His hand is in our own. I have felt this many times in my life whether it was as a college student, traveling around the world, or doing the day to day of shopping, cleaning, and working. But, what happens when we actually start praying for God to MOVE, WORK, & CREATE in our lives? He does, and he wants to do abundantly more than we even ask him to. But just like the 5 loaves and 2 fish, we have to give him something to work with. Over the past four months now five months of not having a job or a home really, I have been giving my body, mind, and heart to the Lord. At times I have just had to throw myself on the ground praying for more of him and less of me. Other times he will keep me up all night in the spirit, tossing and turning for the burdens of my brothers and sisters in the Lord and not in the Lord. The best position we can be in as believers is on the ground! I do not want to exalt myself or think myself more highly than I ought because unfortunately the enemy wins when this happens in my life. I just wanted to share two stories of Gods faithfulness when we give him our 5 loaves and 2 fish.
23D.
From Costa Rica to Denver Colorado I was assigned 23D. Alright I can handle sitting in the back of the airplane without a reclining chair, but I cannot handle not sitting next to my husband. Instead of taking it out with the flight attendants I took it out with my husband. His response, chill out, will figure something out! Humble Pie met my face quicker than I would have liked, I was being a complete idiot and jerk about the whole thing. We boarded the plan and in seconds before I could even ask to switch seats with someone or ask the stewardess to help a sista out, I gave the Lord 23D because He had a greater plan than I did. For the next 5 hours I was ushered into divine conversations with a 22 year old girl who was just living in Costa Rica for 3 months. She grew up in the church her mom is a college pastor, but abusing her position in authority in the church and has left her relationship with her daughter broken and a mess. This girl next to me was hurting in more ways than one. She did not trust anyone in the church, anyone that was a "christian", and was receiving love in all the wrong places. I was sitting there amazed at how God loved this woman tremendously, and the fact that I was sitting next to her to encourage and love on her was a testament to his love. We talked, cried, laughed, and prayed together. It was truly a divine appoinment.
9:03am 9-6-2009
My time came. I called Marci at 9:03am in Anaheim. "Jennifer, you need to get her within the hour if you are going to see this happen." "What, are you seriouse!" "Yes, she just admitted 5 minutes ago and she is 9 centimeters dialated (I get the chills writing this)." My mom and I jumped in the car got to Kaiser Permanente in 20 minutes and we ran to Labor and Delivery. It was almost like I was having a little one or something, the urgency, you know? "Are you Jennifer?" Yes. "You need to put this rob on and go in that room quickly." I was there, Hi, thanks for letting me be here, and then 2 minutes later her water broke! Are you kidding me?? No, Marci the midwife, was counting and helping the mother breathe along with her husband. I thought I was literally in a yoga class because everyone was so calm! I mean this woman giving birth was unreal, right, so Marci said she is the 2% of women. I watched in utter amazement, my whole being welling up with astonishment, joy, fear, peace. I saw the head, we all saw the head. I just thought how is this hole going to get any bigger right? And why is the mother not moaning, screaming, anything (she was not on drugs either). I had the camera given to me by the husband the head was fully out, and the husband came in and pulled the rest of the body out with the help of the midwife (chills). The mother starting crying as she saw her beautiful beautiful child who just came into the world. I thought I was going to faint, I was so overwhelmed with joy my heart felt like it was going to jump out of me. And then it was over. 20 minutes later this little life entered this world and was being craddled by his mother. All I wanted to do was run into a corner and cry because God just let me witness this moment I had been praying for for 2 years. It happened, and my pappa was completely in control of orchestrating the whole beautiful moment that eternity stopped for to welcome this life into the world. So for those of you that know I have been going back and forth with pursuing nurse midwifery, I decided I am going to go for it I will never know until I try:)
So, you want God to work?? Give him your 5 loaves and 2 fish and He will do abundantly more than you ask.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
beautiful.
Post a Comment